8 Best Cloud Computing Courses & Certifications for 2020
Cloud computing offers an excellent solution to the problem of mandatory physical presence for accessing your files or data when required. It combines hardware and software that is hosted on the web to store, manage, and process data. However, in order to get acquainted with the most advanced cloud computing technology and trends, experts have compiled a list of the best online cloud computing courses, certifications, and training for 2020. These courses are ideal for beginners, intermediate, as well as expert learners.
Amazon Web Services controls 69 percent of the global cloud computing market. Some of the prominent organizations that use AWS as their backbone include AirBnB, Adobe, Netflix, General Electric, and Kelloggs among others. Irrespective of the organization’s size, everyone has started using cloud services in some way, and Amazon Web Services is the major player in the cloud services industry.
This AWS Certification training is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge of the AWS architectural concepts and services. The training is facilitated by industry leading practitioners who will training on how you can leverage AWS services in to create scalable, reliable, and highly available AWS infrastructure. The certification is aligned to AWS certified Solutions Architect Examination.
Upon completing this certification training, you will be able to:
- Design and deploy a highly available and efficient systems on AWS
- Effectively handle Egress and Ingress data to and from Amazon Web Services
- Identify the appropriate AWS service based on data, database, compute, and other security requirements
- Estimate AWS pricing and identify cost control mechanisms
- Identify appropriate usage of AWS architectural best practices
Developed by Dublin University, this 6-week online certification provides an advanced, graduate-level introduction to using cloud computing for high performance computing (HPC) workloads. The course covers a wide range of topics from cloud architecture and infrastructure supporting HPC to business opportunities that are supported by HPC in the cloud.
By the end of this certification, you will be able to:
- The range of activities associated with High Performance Computing and with Cloud Computing
- The differences in ethos between Cloud and HPC
- How to merge the HPC and Cloud Spaces
- Challenges that are encountered when supporting high performance hardware in the cloud
- Cloud evolution
- Challenges associated with Resource Management at scale
- Different techniques for Service Orchestration in the cloud
- The benefits of using self-organization for Resource Management at scale
Since cloud computing is an evolving technology, it is safe to believe that it is still undergoing regular advancements. With this in mind, the resources and paths created by this course helps you understand the differences between different cloud services, the significance of the software, and identify the most appropriate route for your business or project.
Some of the topics covered in this online certification include AWS fundamentals, working with Microsoft Azure, a guide to understanding the security required for the cloud infrastructure to name a few. This certification is divided into three difficulty levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
By the end of this self-paced course, you should:
- Learn about the different types of infrastructure as well as the services that come with each of them
- Acquire important skills that you can use for setting up your business or applying to relevant business profiles
- A set of examples to help you get a clear view of the topics
Cloud Computing Training Courses Online (Udemy)
If you stay abreast with the technological advancements then chances are you must have heard about how cloud computing is reaching new heights. This series of online cloud computing course is designed to help you jump-start your career in this field. Whether you are looking for a beginner course or an advanced tutorial, there is something for everyone. You will explore different cloud platforms, tools, and services, and much more. With over 70 programs to choose from, these well designed courses are a crowd favorite.
- All the key topics are covered from the very onset including how to set up necessary tools
- A series of exercises to test your grasp of the concepts
- Each topic is covered as an elaborate manner with relevant examples and demonstrations
- Choose the platform, framework, and services that align with your interests
- Lectures, articles, and lifetime access to study resources
Cloud Computing by University of Maryland (edX)
This online micro-masters program will introduce you to various cloud technologies like Google Cloud Azure, AWS, and the infrastructures, Paas, IaaS, SaaS. You will strengthen your knowledge about the legal compliance issues, security migrations, and the processes to follow the industry’s best practices and standards. Additionally, you will have opportunities to implement, configure, and manage the technologies covered in the course. By the end of this 8-week course, you should be able to start your career in this lucrative field.
- The classes to guide you through your learning process
- Perform simple adoption and migration projects
- Access to real-world examples that make learning more interesting
- Deploy the systems while ensuring security and mitigation risk
- Several assignments to practice the concepts you have learned during the coursework
- The topics are divided into 4 courses which make it easy to navigate through the concepts
In this online program, you will be introduced to how private and public cloud computing works. You will learn core techniques, algorithms, design philosophies, and fundamental distributed computing concepts. Some of the topics covered in this 38-hour course include NoSQL, MapReduce, scalability, and trending areas among others. You will also access practical assignments in order to have a clearer view of the process of cloud computing.
- The certification is deal for individuals without prior knowledge of C++ or similar languages
- Lectures are broken into sections that make it easy to follow
- All concepts are explained in a simple yet concise manner
- You will learn topics like coding and distributed algorithms
- A certification is available upon passing graded assessments
Become a Cloud Developer – Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
There is no doubt that cloud development plays a major role in the foundation of the new world software development. Thus, if you want to become a cloud developer, then this online degree is the right for you. Sign up for this online degree program and learn how to build and deploy production-ready full-stack applications at scale on Amazon Web Services. You need intermediate coding and web development experience in order to get the full benefit of this 10-week course. Some of the topics you will cover include cloud foundations, full-stack applications on AWS, and monolith to microservices at scale.
- Design and deploy scalable, extendable, and maintainable full-stack apps on modern cloud architecture
- Focus on various microservice architecture patterns, independent scaling, service replication, resiliency, discovery, and service registration.
- Learn the concept of using serverless technologies and practice how to develop complex serverless applications
- Work with a mentor who will guide you through the learning process while answering your questions and providing motivation
- Work on your project while handling other practical assignments to ensure that you retain knowledge on the concepts you have covered.
Cloud Computing Training (LinkedIn Learning – Lynda.com)
In this self-paced course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the process of research and implementation of cloud services in your business. With over 250 training, you will gain the opportunity to explore various core services and functionalities. If you are new to cloud computing and are wondering how to get started, then there are lessons to help you get begin your career prospect. You will access advanced level topics like cloud security, application migration, and governance for learners with foundational skills.
- Video tutorials will take you through the necessary topics starting with introduction through to advanced topics.
- Lectures include a comprehensive explanation of how to solve the exercise
- Exercises are available for both online as well as download practices
- The course is divided into sections with relevant chapters and test quizzes
- Comprehensive study materials are available for free after the first month of registration.
There you have it. These are the 8 best Cloud Computing Courses available for 2020. Click onto the course title to access and learn more about these online courses. Happy learning!