Is this course for you?
This course is designed for learners who are interested in mastering web development. Also, if you are a front-end developer, then most of the stuff you will learn from this online course will be truly helpful. In other words, the course provides foundational knowledge upon which any other development is built on.
About course instructor
This course is instructed by Yaakov Chaikin, a skilled and extremely accomplished adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University. He is also a Principal Architect for a Columbia, Maryland IT consulting firm. Yaakov brings real-world experience to his teaching as well as course materials.
What is included in the course
- 2-3 hour weekly lectures for 5 weeks + brief study materials and quizzes
- 4 optional coding assignments that are peer-graded by fellow learners
- Discussion forum for support
- Course videos, short reading materials, practice exercises, and FAQ documentation
What you will learn
By the end of this online course, you should be able to:
- Have the skills you need to build a fully functional website
- Understand how webpages work at the HTML and CSS level
- Understand the structure and landscape as well as history of web development
- Understand best web development practices and formal communication with other web developers
- Understand the basic server-client dynamics using Ajax
- Be ready to handle complex web application projects
What this course is not
This may not be the perfect online web developer course for seasoned developers. It is for starters. The course introduces you to the philosophy and correct practices in programming languages.
4.9/5 stars from 4,774 ratings
Total enrollment: 260k
- 53% of learners started a new career after completing this course
- 68% got tangible career benefits from this course
“This was a really great course, I learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.” User and student; written March 15, 2016
“Excellent course, especially if you are a professional but in different technologies/ languages, from the back-end world, etc… You will progress very fast as it goes right to the essential notions.” User and student; written March 16, 2018
This online web developer course gives real value for time and money. In just 12 hours of video and several practice quizzes, you will be set up to become a junior web developer. This is a perfect starter course that can help you lay the foundation for a more complex course like Udacity’s Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree program.
Ready to get start your journey to a web developer career? Click here to sign up for free!