SimpliLearn Review 2020: Is This Online Learning Platform Worth the Hype?
SimpliLearn Review 2020: Is This Online Learning Platform Worth the Hype?
SimpliLearn is one of the top online learning providers across the world with over 400+ courses, 2,000+ qualified tutors, and over 40 global accreditation. They provide training and coaching that helps learners enhance their knowledge and skills, improve their resume, and realize their career goals.
SimpliLearn is ideal for learners who cannot make it to the traditional classrooms for whatever reasons. You can choose from in-class classroom instruction, elearning option, or learn with a live-online tutor-led experience with other learners. Better still, you can access the courses from any location through your mobile device. The platform offers the flexibility to choose from a range of available locations, date and time slots if you are a busy professional with a tight work schedule.
So, what is Simplilearn?
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, SimpliLearn is one of the largest elearning providers with focus on IT sessions. The company started out as online and offline training platform before resorting to the digital environment while giving up their offline training facilities. Its tutors come up with fresh training resources on a regular basis and have enabled the platform to develop its own Learning Management System (LMS).
Today, SimpliLearn is an established eLearning platform that comes handy for learners who want to gain new skills and abilities in fields such as digital marketing, IT, software development, big data analytics and many more. So far, SimpliLearn has helped over one million professionals in developing valuable skills that are in high demand in today’s market. A lot of companies from over 150 countries have used courses in this platform to train their employees.
How Does the platform Stand Out?
SimpliLearn stands out from its competition in many ways. For starters, this eLearning platform offers Flexi-Pass programs that comprise of batches of ILT classes and self-paced learning sessions. Flexi-Pass lectures come with lots of useful resources like projects and job-ready assignments designed directly from the industry. With these resources, learners can create online CloudLabs and sandboxes at no extra fee.
Alongside these great features, SimpliLearn attain an average completion rate of about 68%, which positions the platform significantly higher than most eLearning platforms that only attain about 10% completion rate. Additionally, SimpliLearn courses are designed and structured by renowned industry experts. As a learner, you will not get bored with the platform’s classes because they provide a mix of teaching assistance, online sessions, and project work.Besides all these great features, SimpliLearn reaches an average completion rate of almost 68% which situates the platform significantly higher than other eLearning websites that only have approximately 10% completion rate. Furthermore, the courses are created and structured by renowned industry experts. As a student, you won’t get bored with this website’s classes because they combine a mix of online sessions, teaching assistance, and project work.
Course Catalog and Categories
SimpliLearn offers over 400 different courses in the following categories:
· Project management – CAPM certification, PMP certification, digital project manager
· Cloud computing – Microsoft Azure fundamentals, AWS solution architect, blockchain
· Cybersecurity – computer hacking forensic investigator, certified information security manager, etc
· Software development – Java certificate, angular training, iOS developer, PHP, Python training, etc
· Quality management – certified tester foundation level, lean Sigma Six expert, etc
· Digital marketing – social media, pay per click, web analytics, search engine optimization, content marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing, etc
· Big Data – MongoBD developer, big data architect, Apache Kafka, Impala training, etc
· DevOps – Self training course, Docker compose in depth, Puppet training course, etc
· Data science and business intelligence – data science with Python, SAS training, business analytics with Excel, Power BI, etc.
· Agile and Scrum – professional scrum product owner, Agile scrum master, certified Scrum developer, etc
· Salesforce – salesforce platform developer, sales force admin and app developer
· AI and machine learning – robotic process automation, artificial intelligence engineer, AI capstone project, etc
· IT service and architecture – TOGAF training course, ITIL foundation and intermediate training
Live ILT Sessions
On SimpliLearn platform, learners can discover batches of live ILT sessions that consist of 8 to 10 series class series. The platform features a range of lectures and resources that learners can access during different days at different times. Learners have the freedom to register and unregister for these batches until they find one that suits their schedule and convenience. The company recruits its tutors via LinkedIn, and all the platform’s tutors must have at least 15 years of experience to be hired by SimpliLearn.
This is yet another SimpleLearn’s amazing feature. This is a sandbox where learners get to test their projects. With this feature, learners do not have to deal with issues of installation, configuration, or compatibility, which are common problems when dealing with virtual machines. CloudLabs can be access on the left side of the menu. Users can click on it to access a video tutorial that explains how to access different labs. Users can click and work with multiple labs simultaneously.
SimpliLearn Pros and Cons
- Unlike other eLearning platforms, SimpliLearn comes with an immediate live chat that appears as soon as a user logs into their account. With this feature, users can communicate with other learners about programs and courses that this eLearning has to offer.
- All sessions are available in live instructor-led training (ILT). Better still, the lectures are arranged in flexible batches
- SimpliLearn interface is user-friendly and well structured
- There is a certification upon completing a SimpliLearn course. These certificates are recognized by accrediting bodies (over 40 institutions and accrediting bodies)
- The platform has a callback feature that allows users to request the company’s employees to get back to them
- SimpliLearn only specializes on IT courses hence not ideal for learners who are seeking courses in other domains
- SimpliLearn courses are relatively pricey compared to competition
- The company’s return policy is quite strict
Simplilearn pricing plans
The price tag for Simplilearn courses vary. For instance, learners who want to receive flexi-pass for the Big Data courses must pay $600. Other more advanced classes cost even more. Practitioner Certification Training, for instance, costs $1500. Still, prices might be a bit higher for self-paced classes compared to competition.
SimpliLearn Review – Final thoughts
Simplilearn is a great eLearning platform that can greatly help you develop and improve your IT skills. While the platform has its fair share of shortcomings, it provides an excellent online learning experience that is well-suited for professionals in the IT industry. Most courses are quite comprehensive and useful. Most important, users get accredited certification upon completing their courses.